Contact Page 404 Error

This support request was posted in Paeon by heysaturday

Request ID #5951 Resolved
  • Whenever contact information is entered and submitted it sends the user to a 404 Page and the message does not go through to the email address entered into the theme.

Thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well.

I’ve been through your site and it seems that it is blocking external scripts. Then, the script used to validate the form is not included and generates the error. Are you using any plugin to block external scripts by any chance?

Best,
    Juan.

Hey Juan – Thanks for the quick response. The plugins that are currently activated are:

– Envato WordPress Toolkit
    – Go Daddy Quick Setup
    – WordPress Importer
    – WP101 Video Tutorials

I went through and deactivated each and tested the form with no success.

Any thoughts on what else it could be?

Thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up. Perhaps it is related to the server configuration? Or because of the SSL? Can you ask your hosting provider about this?

This is the error: https://cloudup.com/cPq2hNuEv1o

Best,
    Juan.

Juan – The hosting provider said there was nothing on their side impacting the contact form. They suggested that I use Contact Form 7. Are there any other solutions you can think of that would resolve this issue?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up.

Ok, if there’s nothing on their side, would you please try deactivating all the plugins? The remote script for the form validation is not loading and that is causing the problem.

Best,
    Juan.

I’ve already tried that with no success

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up.

Would you please try the following:

1) Open the file /includes/scripts/php
    2) Look for the line #75
    3) Remove the protocol of the url that is included. That means replacing this:

wp_register_script( 'nice-contact-validation', 'http://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jquery.validate/1.9/jquery.validate.min.js', array('jquery') );

With this:

wp_register_script( 'nice-contact-validation', '//ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jquery.validate/1.9/jquery.validate.min.js', array('jquery') );

Best,
    Juan.

That did it, thanks Juan

Juanfra Aldasoro

Excellent!

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server