Custom CSS Not Taking Effect

This support request was posted in Paeon by rajswing

Request ID #32818 In Progress
  • I had some custom CSS that was working before I updated, but even though the CSS is still in the system, the webpages aren’t taking any effects. I originally tried using the custom CSS box in the settings and then tried putting it directly into the custom.css file. What else can I try?

Thank you!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. What update have you applied?

Where are you keeping this custom CSS at the time being?

Best,
    Juan

I updated to the most recent theme version.

I’m keeping the CSS in the “Custom CSS” box in the theme options area. Tried putting it directly into the custom.css file but I took it out once I saw it had no effect. Mainly trying to change the size of some input elements on the site.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I went over to your site and I could see that the custom.css file is loading: https://drjasonplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/themes/paeon/custom.css?ver=4.7.5

And it is actually working, and styling your contact form 7 fields. Perhaps you can try and see to add this lines in order to run a test:

.wpcf7 input[type="text"],
    .wpcf7 input[type="email"],
    .wpcf7 input[type="tel"],
    .wpcf7 input[type="date"],
    textarea
    {
        border: red;
    }

Just to be sure that if you see the red borders, is because the custom.css is loaded and working.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server