Custom typography

This support request was posted in Smart by PaniGrafik

Request ID #34787 In Progress
  • Hi,
    Can anyone tell me why when I use custom typography settings I got this notification:

Failed to load content css: //fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=

And can I ask sidequestion in same topic?
    I dont know if I can change static menu background using Theme Options? It’s get gray only on scroll and I want it gray all the time 🙂

Agata

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Agata,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

With regards to your questions.

1) Have you picked any google font?

2) Yes, you can change that. The header is initially transparent because the “Transparent Header” setting for that page is YES. Please edit that page, and on the “Header” settings, search for “Transparent Header” and set it to NO, or INHERIT.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juanfra

1. Yes, I heve. And this notifications is disturbing so I unchecked the box in Custom Typography. By only if I want to change it, it’s show again. Even the text with font name in boxes look wird.

2. Oh, ok. So I have to change that on single page not general… So simple. Thanks!

Best,
    Agata

🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Agata,

Thank you for the follow-up.

1. I went to your site and I don’t see that you have selected any google font. Are you trying to use system fonts? Would you please name the font you would like to use?

2. Yes 🙂 – That can be set in the theme options panel, and then it can be selected on a page/post basis.

Thank you,
    Juan

Hi,

I wrote above that this notification bothered editing the text, so I unchecked the box.
    And at first I chose the font, but then something went wrong.

When I set custom font it looks like this
    Theme options screen

And then when open any single page and text widget there is this bug notification:
    notification

Hi Agata,

Thanks for the follow-up.

What Google font would you like to choose?

Thanks,
    Juan.

Sorry I did not answer so long.

I’m not sure which font I want to choose. I did not make final decision.
    I want to have choice to try different fonts and see which is the best. At first, it was supposed to be Arial Narrow but that font is not in Google Fonts.
    Now I think I would choose Roboto Condensed 🙂

Thank You for helping!
    Agata

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Agata,

Thank you for your response.

Sure, that’s why I’m asking. We’ve found that this problem is given when there are no google fonts selected when using custom fonts. And we will include a solution for this problem in the upcoming version of smart.

Please, if you want to customize the fonts by not using any google web font, I’d kindly ask you to share your FTP access details with me (in a private reply) so I can apply a patch. Else, if you choose to use a google web font, then you won’t be having any of the error messages you are getting.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Juan.

But how can I choose any other Google font if the lines with names are not working (look at the picture I’ve sent you earlier)?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Agata,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Those inputs are looking bad because you are using this plugin https://codecanyon.net/item/mega-main-extensions-allinone-visual-composer-addons/19704181 – and it is modifying the admin inputs. Please have in mind that, despite this, you can use those lists and select any value. You just need to click over and select a value from the list.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server