customised contact sheet

This support request was posted in BBQ by c3creaties

Request ID #5645 In Progress
  • hi team,

i made a contactsheet with Contact Form 7 and would like to use it in BBQ theme style.
    The problem is that when i use the standard template (or any other template then contact), the boxes aren’t filled out like i want it.
    The best result is using the contact theme but i can’t disable the standard contact info of this template.

To illustrate the difference, please check:
    A: reservation page with standard template:
    http://wp.bistrodewaterkant.be/contact/test-reservatie/
    B: reservation page with contact template:
    http://wp.bistrodewaterkant.be/contact/reservatie-aanvragen/

So, my questions are:
    1/ is there a way to copy the contact template so i can edit it (f.e. remove map and standard contactform?
    (or is this to advanced to support?)
    2/ (as an alternative) what CSS code can i add so the boxes behave like on the contact theme?

Thanks in advance
    C

Andrés Villarreal

Hi,

If you’re using a child theme for BBQ, you can override the Contact template file (template-contact.php) by just copying it to the folder of your child theme and perform all the modifications you need there.

In case you’re using BBQ directly, you can copy template-contact.php and give it another name (such as template-contact-custom.php). Then open the file and replace the part that reads /* Template Name: Contact */ with an alternative template name, such as /* Template Name: Contact Custom*/. After saving it, you’ll see “Contact Custom” as a template option in your page editor, which you can select to test your modifications.

If you choose to keep using Contact Form 7, I’d recommend to look for help in the plugin’s support forum. There they can point you to the best ways and practices to customize the look and feel of your forms.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Andrés.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server