Demo & Variable Declaration Problems

This support request was posted in Smart by kennah

Request ID #32044 In Progress
  • Hi,

I recently purchased the Smart theme, and I was very excited to use it on my new website. However, when I tried to import a demo from your list of demos on the Smart theme, it said there was an error because my WordPress memory limit was too low, my PHP Max Input Vars was too low, and my PHP Time Limit was too low. I contacted my hosting and they said they only could change my memory limit, and not the others. This means I cannot use the demos because the other two variables are not of the right number. Is there a way I could bypass this to use the demo? Otherwise I purchased this theme for nothing because it was the entire reason I bought the theme.

If you try installing the Corporate demo, you will see the error my system produced. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for me.

Thank you,

Kennah

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kennah,

Thanks for writing and thank you for your purchase.

What’s your current hosting provider and what hosting plan do you have with them?

Would you mind if I try to install the corporate demo on the site you have shared with us?

Thanks,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I am using HostGator and the website is an account on HostGator’s Reseller Hosting Plan.

You may try to install the corporate demo, there’s nothing on the website as of now.

Let me know what you think is the problem!

Thanks,

Kennah

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kennah,

Thanks for the follow-up.

It’s quite strange that for that type of hosting plan (reseller) you cannot manage to change settings like that.

The main problem is the hosting plan, and that it doesn’t meet minimum requirements even to upload mid-sized images. Have in mind that the demo import process includes the import of data like images, content, settings, widgets, menus, etc. It will happen if you decide to use any theme in the industry with one click demo installs (they all require similar settings regarding time limit, memory, etc)

I went through your site and I could manually import the XML the old way, but only if I chose not to import the images. When trying to upload an image of 500kb I get an HTTP error.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thank you so much for that information. I’m not sure why the hosting does that, when I was on Bluehost there never seemed to be this problem with one click demo installs.

Is it true that your requirements are the same as other themes in the industry? That would be interesting to note going forward because I don’t want to run into this problem. Is there a specific hosting that you would recommend that you would know would fix the problem?

Finally, is there a way to reduce image size without impacting the quality to meet a smaller size requirement?

Let me know your thoughts.

Best,

Kennah

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kennah,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I’m not sure either. I usually prefer other types of hosting.

Yes, it is true. You can check it if you own a copy of any other theme with one click demo install functionality. Else, you can ask them as a presale question. Ask them specifically for the three points we’ve been talking about (memory limit, max input vars and time limit).

It’s very difficult to reduce an image size without having an impact on the quality. Honestly, there are some ways to reduce and optimize them (like exporting them in photoshop with the adequate size and quality for web), and we have done that before including the images in the demos. Once you have images in your WordPress, you can use plugins like this one to optimize images: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ewww-image-optimizer/

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server