Display full blog posts

This support request was posted in Paeon by filiford

Request ID #3439 In Progress
  • Hi, thanks for a great theme!

1. Is there a way I can display the full posts on my blog page instead of excerpts? I can’t find a way in the GUI and I tried the following from another theme support question without success.
    changed to
    Take a look: http://www.tandhalsaniosteraker.se/?page_id=14

2. Staff content and staff excerpt are illogically displayed on the single staff page:
    – Staff content ends up under the staff photo (narrow space)
    – Staff excerpt prints to the right of the staff photo, under the name heading and title.
    I don’t want the excerpt to show at all on the single staff page.

3. Request: Connect specific staff contact info as an option, connected to both Staff-template ans Contact-template. With the current set-up, I need to change phone numbers etc. in two places if I want to show contact info in Staff pages.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing.

With regards to your questions:

1) You can edit the file template-blog.php and replace where it says:

nice_excerpt( 400 );

with

the_content();

2) I don’t understand what you say given that I’m not able to see what is that you have in the excerpt field and in the content field. Would you please send me your login details to support@nicethemes.com with a reference to this topic?

3) Unfortunately there’s no way to link that information as it is right now. You’ll have to do it manually.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi!
    1. Doesn’t work. I tried it after finding the similar fix in another post. Blog posts still shortened in Blog-page.

2. Take a look at

Personal

http://www.tandhalsaniosteraker.se/?staff=test

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

1. If you’ve selected the Blog page in “Settings > Reading”, then WordPress defaults the blog page to the index.php template. You’ll need to change that in the index.php file.

2. I see, the staff single template is designed in order to display the excerpt as well. As an introductory text. If you don’t want to have that in your single staff template, then edit the file single-staff.php and remove the call to the function the_excerpt();

Best,
    Juan.

Thank you!

1. Solved

2. I suggest an update someday. Some feedback:

-As for now, on the single staff page, info in the regular post field ends up under and after the staff data. The excerpt (which logically should be an excerpt of the info in the regular post field, to be shown on another page i.e. the full staff page?) ends up along the staff data, under heading and department (which is a more logic place for the info in the regular post field).

-The theme is not built for showing contact info on the staff pages, which visitors will probably expect to find there.

-If I manually put e-mail addresses, phone numbers etc in the excerpt-field or in the bio-field, it gets treated like plain text, which means I need to hard code line-breaks, paragraphs and hyperlinks like so:

Tandhyginistexamen 1994
    Specialintressen: Tandlossningssjukdomar
    08-756 80 70
    theaddress

Something I can handle, but not my customer.

Thanks for quick and good support!

Best
    Per

Ah – my code examples got rendered 😉 I hope you understand what I was trying to say.

Hi Per,

Great, I can see what you mean.

Thanks for your feedback 🙂
    Actually, we’ve built some contact info on the staff page. The only problem, in your case, is that the info are digital profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google Plus) instead of the old and good phone number and the address.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server