Does not work with HHVM

This support request was posted in BBQ by gopeter

Request ID #4243 Resolved
  • I tried to run WordPress 3.9 and BBQ together on an HHVM + nginx Server. The theme works perfectly under Apache, but with HHVM, some widgets (like Social Widget or Slider) doesn’t display on the frontend.

Example: http://gopeter.de/transfer/bbq-on-hhvm.png

Do you know whats wrong? I think this incompatibility isn’t that huge since the entire backend etc works fine.

Some additional informations:

I played around in the /includes/widgets/widget-social.php file and noticed, that the $nice_options variable is empty.

echo ‘###’;
    print_r($nice_options);
    echo ‘###’;

Returns: ######

Are there some troubles with globals?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

I’m trying to visit the site you’ve sent us and I get: 504 Gateway Time-out – nginx/1.6.0

I’m sure these problems have to do with server configuration.

Best,
    Juan.

Sorry, tried something out. Please check again 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Well, I don’t know how is that nginx handle global variables. Check if you get something with print_r($GLOBALS);

The problem must be there, and then there’s a server configuration issue.

Best,
    Juan

The `$GLOBALS` var is full of stuff (320.000 lines), but it seems that `nice_options` is empty but filled inside `wp_object_cache`. Should I attach the file?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Are you using any cache plugin?

Not anymore. Anyhow, `wp_object_cache` is an offical WP class: http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Object_Cache

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am aware it is an official WP class.

My point here is that PHP, with your configuration, is not taking the global variables. At least $nice_options which is the one taking the data to make some modules work/or not. Like the social widget, or the slider.

Did you perform any other test with global variables on that server?

Juan.

Hi.
    I just installed a new local virtual machine with HHVM + Apache and it works!
    Now I wonder which nginx config does prevent global vars from working properly? I even tried the official nginx.conf from WordPress, but the global nice_options is always empty.

Do you have some ideas?

Strange, but I figured it out: I just activated a standard theme and switched back to BBQ. Now it works.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Peter,

It is quite strange actually. We are used to work over apache, so in general terms I’m afraid I don’t have too many ideas about this issue. I’m happy it is resolved, though.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server