Duplicate videos

This support request was posted in Flatbase by tchillidog

Request ID #6995 In Progress
  • Hello again—

I have a video within an article that shows duplicate videos within the page.

I don’t have it set as a “featured image”, but added it as a piece of media that I added within the article. How do I get rid of the duplicate video?

Thanks,

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

For videos you only need to set up the embed code in the custom field below the description field.

If you have entered the video embed in the article description as well, please take it out from there.

Best,
    Juan

Hi Juan,

It looks like the video automatically shows up in the article description after the embed code is entered into the custom field. The duplicate video is still occurring.

Should I send you access to my WordPress account to take a look? Please let me know what email I should send the credentials to.

Thanks,

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for the follow up.

Yes, when the type of article is video, and you enter the embed code in the custom field, then the video is automatically displayed, so you don´t have to include the video again in the article description. The benefits of the auto inclusion is that the video is well styled and it works in any device.

So, please, if you included the embed code in the article content, take it away from there. By having the embed code in the embed code field is enough.

Best,
    Juan

Hi Juan,

Sorry for the miscommunication, it looks like I did not add the video into the description from my media gallery. It is added automatically after I ONLY place the embed code in the theme settings of this particular article. I’ve tried leaving the embed code in the correct field and deleting the video in the description, but it reappears after I updated the article.

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Tiffany,

Would you please send me your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I just sent you privileges to my site. I know we had issues before so I don’t remember what access I gave you, but hopefully I selected the right one this time. It’s under the site SEO Rx under Articles. It’s the only video in there.

Thanks,

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for the follow up. I’ve visited your site and checked the problem.

As I mentioned previously, with only inserting the code in the “Video Embed code” is enough.

The problem with your site is that the article content cannot be left blank. Perhaps there’s a plugin that is limiting that. I’ve changed the video for a small text.

Best,
    Juan

Oh I see, sorry to misunderstand. Thanks for fixing!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

No problem 🙂

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server