Embedded Videos Not Working

This support request was posted in Folly by djulian

Request ID #825 Resolved
  • Hi,

I can’t seem to embed a video from YouTube on my site. I’ve tried using both the new and the old embed code.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for writing, I hope you’re doing well.

Where are you inserting the embed code?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I’m doing good–thank you. I hope you are doing well also!

I’m trying to insert it at my site (www.juliansabroad.com) while writing a regular blog post. I’ve tried posting both the new and old styles of YouTube embedded code in both the post and in the box below which reads “Nice Settings–Video Embed Code.” None of these four approaches seems to work.

If I could ask another, unrelated question, I can’t seem to figure out how to add bullets to the CSS. I’ve tried just about everything I know (which is not a ton, admittedly) and no matter what changes I make to the CSS, no bullets will show up in my posts. Also, I can’t seem to remove the white background on block quotes. These two issues aren’t nearly as pressing or important as the video embed, however.

Thank you so much!
    Dan

Hi Dan,

I’m doing great – thanks for asking 🙂

That sound strange :S . You mean you don’t see the video on the blog section or the post? If you don’t see it on the blog section, it’s ok – that’s the way it should work. But on the post section it should look like the demo: http://demo.nicethemes.com/folly/2012/04/23/more-awesomeness-by-blu/

We’ll be updating folly this week to a new and renovated version – The video issue will be resolved. Maybe you can wait until this new version is released in order to make and update and solve the problem?

With regards to the blockquotes, try this css:

blockquote{ background: transparent; }

Finally, for the bullets:

.entry ul  { margin-bottom: 1.5em; padding: 0; }
    .entry ul ul  { margin: 0 15px; }
    .entry ul li  {	list-style-type: disc; }
    .entry ul ul li  { list-style-type: circle; }

.entry ol  { margin-bottom: 1.5em; padding: 0; }
    .entry ol ol  { margin: 0 15px; }
    .entry  ol li  { list-style-type: decimal; }
    .entry  ol li ol li  { list-style-type: lower-latin; }

Best,
    Juan.

It worked! Thank you!

Juanfra Aldasoro

My pleasure 🙂

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server