Extremely slow site once theme installed

This support request was posted in Paeon by zynke

Request ID #40976 In Progress
  • Hi, this website was originally built a few years ago. We updated the theme yesterday with the newest version of the theme, and ever since the theme was updated the website has been running extremely slow (takes 5 minutes to load). I have tried deactivating all plugins and the website was still slow. I have then tried deactivating the child theme, still slow. I then changed the theme to the WordPress Twenty Twenty One theme and the site was running smoothly. This cannot be normal with an updated theme surely. I have many sites with more plugins and they run perfectly well.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out, I hope you’re doing well.

This sounds very strange, 5 minutes is definitely a symptom that there’s something wrong going on. Do you have access to the server error logs? Have you checked if there’s some hint over there of something that can be causing the loading problem?

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up and the information. If I check the site it seems that the loading time has to do with the server rendering and when I check your cPanel I see that the “Physical memory usage” is up to 100% and then that I/O Usage is also in really high numbers.

I’d try upgrading some of your server’s memory. I couldn’t find anything related to the theme in the logs that’s indicating that the theme is causing the site to be having these load times.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server