FAQ's post duplication

This support request was posted in Flatbase by Digitaleo

Request ID #36578 Resolved
  • Hi,

We have issues with some FAQs post. Some of them are duplicated on our website without any reasons.
    For example the FAQ post : ” Les tests sont-ils payants?” is present twice but only once in the dashboard.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

It is quite likely that it is linked to the translation plugin that you use. Usually, translation plugins duplicate posts and they set the language and they link them. What plugin are you using to translate your site?

BEst,
    Juan

It’s clearly possible, we changed our plugin few days ago. We were using polylang and we now use WPML.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

It seems that the problem can be related to the FAQs are not having any assigned category, so as the category is set to be translatable, it lists them both.

Have you tried assigning a category that is translated to the French and the Spanish versions?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Indeed, our FAQs posts weren’t assigned to any category. So, I categorized some of them in a new category (translated in Spanish and French) but it didn’t change anything :/

And one more thing, I saw that double posts were duplicated in “mirror” position:

-Comment puis-je sauvegarder mon opération ?
    -Puis-je modifier une opération terminée ?
    -Comment puis-je suivre ma consommation ?
    -Comment puis-je suivre ma consommation ?
    -Puis-je modifier une opération terminée ?
    -Comment puis-je sauvegarder mon opération ?

I don’t know if it can help you in anyway but here it is.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

After checking and re-checking the code I was pretty sure that everything should be working just fine, so I went to see how it is that you configured your page, and the problem was that you were using the FAQ template, and the shortcode in the content. The FAQ template already lists the FAQs, and if you use the shortcode they are listed once more.

Best,
    Juan

Hi,

Everything is working fine now, thanks for your precious help 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

That’s great, I hope you have a nice day.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server