Flatbase 1.0.4 broke my site

This support request was posted in Flatbase by mwdonnelly

Request ID #6181 In Progress
  • I am currently running Flatbase 1.0.2 and using a child theme. I used the Envato Toolkit to update my site to Flatbase 1.0.4, and my site broke. The entire site, including the WordPress back-end, doesn’t display (blank pages). I did make a backup of my site before implementing the new version of flat base so I was able to restore it to my current site.

Can you provide me with a list of changes since 1.0.2? You seem to be lacking any change log that documents what updates you’ve made.

I cannot give you access to my site. It’s on Localhost, still under development.

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for writing. You can find the changelog within the theme files, /flatbase/changelog.txt

Would you please edit your wp-config.php file and set the WP_DEBUG constant to ‘true’? Once you do that, please let me know what error you get to see when you try to access your site.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Here’s the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function nice_get_default_fonts_uri() in …/wp-content/themes/flatbase/includes/editor-styles.php on line 44

I did a fresh install of WordPress, installed Flatbase 1.0.4, activated it, then activated the basic child theme.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up. And is it working ok now?

I’ve been testing the Envato toolkit and it seems that it doesn’t remove the old files of the theme, it just send the new files over the folder, and that might cause conflicts.

Best,
    Juan.

No, it is not. I did not use Envato toolkit for this test. I did a fresh install of WordPress, a native install of Flatbase 1.0.4 with NO customization at all, and then installed the basic child theme with JUST the following code in the flatbase-child style.css file:

/*
    Theme Name: flatbase-child
    Description: Sample Child Theme
    Author:
    Template: flatbase
    Version: 1.0
    */

@import url(“../flatbase/style.css”);

The result was the error message I posted above.

Juanfra Aldasoro

If you go to the folder themes/flatbase/includes/theming/ do you get to see some files over there?

There are three files supposed to be there:

– theming.php
    – typography.php (in which the function that it says that is missing, actually is)
    – style.php

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Yes, all those files are there.

Best,

Margaret

Note that if I JUST install Flatbase without the child theme, it works. If I install the child theme, I have the error.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for the follow up. So, your child theme structure is empty, right? It only has the style.css file?

Best,
    Juan.

It has style.css (with only the code above), plus custom.css (empty) and

functions.php (placeholder file)

Just to be on the safe side, I removed these files and there was no impact. I still get the same error message.

Thanks,

Margaret

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for the follow up. We’re reviewing the problem right now and we’ll come back to you when we have an answer.

Best,
    Juan.

Thank you Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for your patience.

We’ve released a new version where these issues are fixed. We submitted the changes to ThemeForest, in the meantime, we’ve configured your account, so you can get the latest version from your user dashboard at http://nicethemes.com/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Juan

Thank you Juan. I will test the new version and let you know if it solved the problem. Thank you for your fast response.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server