Flatbase flagged as malicious

This support request was posted in Flatbase by infodromio

Request ID #34912 In Progress
  • Hello,

We’ve recently purchased Flatbase to use it as a knowledge base and forum platform for our 7000+ users. The problem is that we’re using WordFence Premium to protect all our WordPress websites and for some reason it has flagged Flatbase as malicious. The problem is in file /flatbase/engine/admin/panel.php at line 526 ($theme_check_bs = strrev( ‘edoced_46esab’ );). I can add this file to WordFence’s ignore list, but before I do this I would like some confirmation from your team that this base64_decode is indeed safe to keep and required by Flatbase.

Thanks in advance,
    Giorgos

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Giorgios,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

That code is actually there to enhance security. The thing is that we’re using the decoding function you mentioned, and for some security plugins/systems, only by using a function like that is a reason to raise a flag. But I can assure you that it is not malicious and the actual purpose is to enhance security and prevent security problems. You and your community of 7000+ are safe using Flatbase.

That file is required, it is the one in charge of building the theme options panel.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server