[flatbase] Topics Visibility: Private = Hidden Category

This support request was posted in Flatbase by Alexander

Request ID #5312 In Progress
  • Hello,

I found one thing again. If I create a category for private measures and I will set all topics inside visibility: private, I can’t find the topic anymore too (still I’ve logged in).

It would be awesome if the topic will be visible for private too then.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for writing.

I don’t understand if you’re talking about the forums or the articles. Would you please explain me the current problem?

Best,
    Juan.

Oh, sorry. I mean the articles. So you can create articles only for the stuff (admins) like internal wiki possibilities.

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for the follow up.

Well, WordPress let you do that. You can change that on the “visibility” section of the “Publish” box. (https://cloudup.com/cS4b3Yyvnzv)

If that is not enough, then you can try with other plugins: http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/hidden-premium-content-wordpress/

I hope this can solve your problem.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I know. Please read my first post again. The article works well. But if I have an “internal” category with only “private” articles, the category isn’t visible on the site anymore. So an admin (after login) can’t find the posts anymore because the category isn’t visible if they have online “private” posts inside.

But the category should private too then I think?

Well, there is no such thing as “visibility” settings for taxonomies (categories).

Perhaps you can use any of the plugins listed in the article I’ve sent you and then restrain access with a plugin directly.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server