Flatbase tutorial

This support request was posted in Flatbase by satoriapp

Request ID #5052 In Progress
  • Hi,

I recently purchased the Flatbase theme and I’m trying to get it set up. I’ve installed everything, but so far I’m struggling to get the home page looking like the Flatbase demo.

There’s no list of articles;
    no icons for Knowledgebase, FAQ and Forums.
    no background image in the header area

I’m not sure what I need to do to enable these features.

Also, I’m confused about the distinction between “Articles” and “Posts”. Should I be using the Articles area to author content for the knowledgebase? It looks like Articles have an entirely separate set of categories. How do I set up categories so that they’re listed on the homepage with a list of articles?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing and thank you for your purchase.

In order to have your site with the home page looking like the theme demo you may like to import the XML contents or create your own. http://nicethemes.com/theme-xml-demo-content/

Then, you need to set up the a page with the home page template as the home page: http://nicethemes.com/article/setting-home-page/

With regards to “Articles” and “Posts”. The firs ones are articles, for the knowledge base. The second, are the regular posts of WordPress, for you to have a blog.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for your help. The import was only partially successful. A lot of the media a custom posts etc. failed to import. But I got enough of the content to start finding my way.

Hi there,

That’s great. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server