Google map wrong parameter pb

This support request was posted in Paeon by socialblogsite

Request ID #4646 Resolved
  • This question has been already asked, but poorly answered (with a guess), and only the creator of the topic can answer. Why would you make us post the questions publicly if the public can’t participate? It looks like it’s just to avoid direct support but rather when you pass by this website some day?

The google map API renders “wrong parameter ‘pb’ ” instead of the map.

The dashboard just says “Google Maps Embed Code” and the code I entered was copied from the “embed map”, not from the “share link”, so unless you share your thoughts, There’s no way to answer your guess (whether the code is the wrong one) since THERE’S NO DOCUMENTATION about it.

Please make some person not-coder not-familiar-with-embedding-a-map to go through the process, and see if you can find a solution.

The code in your example is EVIDENTLY different, since the iframe points to a different url than the current google embed code.

You should get it as regular people are directed to do it by google:
    Navigate to maps.google.com, and after you see your map, click the gear at the bottom and select “share and embed”, then click the “embed map” in the popup overlay that opens.

Please update it for the current Google Maps or provide DOCUMENTATION about where/how you got the embed code in your example.

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

Yes, in our forums, the creator and the support staff are the only parts who are able to interact. That way we can solve specific problems, and at the same time these are publicly viewable in order to indirectly help others. This way, if you have a specific problem that has been answered you avoid contacting the support staff. Else, you can open a new topic.

Thanks for your suggestion, we’re in the process of updating our site and documentation and for sure we’ll try our best to improve it.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hoping you to have a great day.

Best,
    Juan.

You are welcome… but you didn’t give me any support, neither to me or to the other guy.

You can update the documentation later.
    Now, can you tell me WHERE to find the map generator you used in the demo?

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I thought, by your message, that you got it sorted. Sorry for that.

In our demo we’ve added the code of a place that it is actually added to Google Maps. If you just search the streets and try to copy that embed it is possible that it will give up the error.

Would you please send me the place you’d like to add and your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Thank you! for the prompt response.

Sorry, it’s not my website. I can’t give you access until the owner authorizes me to, and he’s on a trip.

Can you define “a place that is actually added to Google Maps”?

I didn’t search the street address nor copied an URL from a search result. I said clearly where I got it: Where google directs me to get the “embed map” code.

The place I’d like to add the map is nothing other than the place you provided for it: The theme’s company information tab, where says “embed code”.

Is that code simply added to the contact page without any replacing nor parsing?
    If the code is just placed AS IS, just tell me so and I’d find the solution somewhere else.

I guess the theme DOES something with the pasted code (validating?, stripping the iframe?, extracting the src attribute?) because I embed maps all the time no problems, and the error code I get happens the same other users got with your theme. YOUR demo website is not using what Google currently gives as “embed code”. I can’t think of another reason why it’s not working, other than the replacing function being intended for the OLD code, not the new one (if they changed it).

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

No problem. What I mean when I say that is a “pinned place”.

Yes, the theme works out the embed in order to make it responsive, that’s why we strip the different parameters.

If you can’t send me the site access details, would you be so kind to send me the google maps page from where you are actually taking the embed code so I can check that out?

Thank you,
    Juan.

I can’t send you a link!

The link to the map BEFORE YOU FOLLOW THE STEPS I DESCRIBED ABOVE doesn’t NOT pop up the overlay with the share/embed codes.

Again, Google gives the embed code in ANY map:
    go to maps.google.com, enter an address, then follow the steps above.
    I didn’t invent it. It’s the way Google gives you the embed code.

Isn’t easier for you to tell me where YOU took the embed code from?
    After all, google STILL processes those requests, or it wouldn’t be working in your demo.

Thanks for your fast response. It says about a good customer support service.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Ok, so you can’t send me the google maps page you’re trying to take the embed code from. Unfortunately that’s the only way at this point in which I can recreate the problem and as a consequence I’ll have more materials in order to find a solution for your problem.

It is clear to me that google is giving an embed code for any map. Maybe I wasn’t expressing myself correctly. What I’m trying to set clear is that, often, the problem appears when the google map is just a street/number “search” instead of a pinned place. That’ the reason why I was asking you where did you take the embed code from.

With regards to our demo site, we took the embed code from google maps. We didn’t take it from anywhere else. We concur, google still processes all those requests, and I’m conscious about it.

Is there any chance that I can get the google maps page you’re taking the code from?

Thank you,
    Juan.

What do you mean “I can’t send you the google maps page…” I typed it in twice. maps.google.com

ALL MAPS and embed codes are gotten there. the url only changes the STREET ADDRESS, which is IRRELEVANT.

Here’s the url before I click the gear icon to pop the overlay with the embed codes:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Scott+T+Maurer+M.D./@39.303156,-77.020015,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c828853a14d775:0xe371414a697c2ad8

And THERE IS ALWAYS a pin when you are looking at ONE address (not a search result for e.g. “restaurant”.

This is the code the address above generates:

You are not trying to “replicate the problem”. If you were, you could just tell me WHERE THE CODE YOU ARE TESTING COMES FROM, and I could “replicate” your success.

Well, the code gotten stripped out.

I’ll try to paste it without the iframe tag:

src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d3087.342643283595!2d-77.020015!3d39.303156!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x89c828853a14d775%3A0xe371414a697c2ad8!2sScott+T+Maurer+M.D.!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1412301309378″ width=”600″ height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

To replicate the problem I need to test the same code as you are using.

Thanks for finally sharing your details. I went through your link, visited google maps, took the embed code, tested it and worked.

I’ve emailed you the embed code.

When in google maps, you need to click the icon on the left of “street view”, then click on “share and embed map” and finally you can get the embed code by clicking on the “Embed Map” tab.

Best,
    Juan.

The code you sent me by email works.
    I can’t find why part of the code is different with the one I used earlier and still pointing to the same location. No matter what I change in the little map at the embed tab, the code returned is the same. Panning or zooming does no effect.
    Only think I can think of is that you added the point to Google Maps, and before you did the same address was processed different.
    Anyway, thanks for your time.
    I hope you can advice others how to fix it.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

I’m happy to hear that you got it working 🙂

Well, I’ve done just what I mentioned in my previous message. We didn’t add or modified anything. We follow the same procedure every time, and I think that’s the only way to get the embed code from google maps. I’m not sure where did you take the previous code.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server