Home Page is blank

This support request was posted in BBQ by kamlaleo

Request ID #3717 In Progress
  • Hi,

We bought BBQ theme from theme forest about 2 weeks ago. I am trying to setup up it on my local host to see how will it look with my content.

I followed steps in documentation. I installed wordpress, installed theme, activated it. Then changed permalink settings to use post name in URL. Then Created page with title “Home” and used template “Home” and left description blank and published it. Then created page with just title as “Blog” and default template.

After that i went in and change setting in “Reading” to static page with “Home” as home page and other page for “Blog”.

When i load site page it shows blank page just with logo and links.

Am i missing some step? Also my WordPress version is 3.8.1 if it matters.

Is there any video tutorial on how to setup these themes? AS i feel it will be easy to see a video tutorial and then do it.

Leo.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Leo,

Thanks for writing and purchasing the theme.

Have you added some content? Like Slides, infoboxes, widgets.

WordPress is a Content management system, it usually displays in the front end what is loaded in the backend.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for replying back. I Just added those pages. And i do not know how to add content. I went through nicetheme options. I see everything enabled. But i do not see how to add content to welcome block, contact block on home page.

Is there anything that explains how to do that? Also i added hours in settings for theme but even then footer is empty.

So is there any detailed tutorial that explains from scratch to setup similar website as in mockup’s or your demo site for that theme.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Leo,

Those “Blocks” you mention are Info Boxes. You need to go to your admin dashboard and check on the left side of the screen, the “Info Boxes” menu, add the info boxes with a title, some content and a featured image. That way you’ll see that on your front page.

The Hours in the footer is a widget, you can manage that from “Appearance > Widgets”.

Maybe you can try importing the contents from the demo site, you can find that here: https://cloudup.com/i3LgUaDV7VG

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server