How to hide a specific category?

This support request was posted in Flatbase by ThemeAvenue

Request ID #4682 In Progress
  • Hey there,

I’m really happy with the theme so far: ) I just switched from KnowHow to your theme.

I’d like to know how to hide a specific category called “hooks” (actually a sub-category) from the homepage & knowledge base page. The reason I’m trying to do this is because every articles in this sub-category are only targeted at developers (hooks for my plugin).

But, I still need to show a list of links to these articles in a specific article called “Available Hooks“. I tried using https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/ but it does not seem to work with custom post types.

I’m using a child theme by the way. I hope you could provide me with a code snippet that I’ll use in my functions.php.

Cheers

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing. Well, the knowledgebase is parsed by a function which has some nice hooks. What you can do is check if it is the home page, and then exclude the category.

Have you tried doing something like: https://gist.github.com/juanfraa/d5bcc9d3873e271259f2

Best,
    Juan.

Works perfectly thanks! Where can I find the documentation about the available hooks for FlatBase?

How about listing the articles for a specific categories? Do I need to create a shortcode to achieve this?

Forget about it. I simply used the following shortcode to list the articles for my category “hooks”: `[catlist post_type=article numberposts=-1 name=hooks]`

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for the follow up 🙂

We’re building some new things that will include documentation. I hope we can have it soon.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server