How to show subcategories in Knowledge Base and hide Page titel

This support request was posted in Flatbase by Manu77dk

Request ID #7020 In Progress
  • Hi

I have just purchased the Flatbase theme. I have a few issues:

1. I cannot find out how to display subcategories in the knowledge Base.

2. The page titel is displaying under the header and before the Knowledge Base. Is there a way to suppress it? Well actually it dissapear when I use the Home template but appear when I use the Knowledge Base template.

3. How can I suppress the big header (with the search field) in the Knowledge Template. In your Flatbase demo there is just a small header with menu, but on my site it’s still a big header as on the home page.

I hope you can help me.

Best
    Manu

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Manu,

Thank you for writing and thank you for purchasing flatbase.

1. In order to create a page for a subcategory you can do it by creating a regular page for each category and use the following shortcode:

[nicethemes_knowledgebase category=32]

32 would be the ID of the article-category that you would like to display.

Another option would be using the build in category template, that will list the different articles for that cateogry.

2. The only way to suppress it at this moment would be hiding it with CSS.

3. The big header with the live search functionality is only present when using the home page template. Are you using the home page template in more than one page?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi again

I need some more explanation.

1a. Does it mean that it’s not possible to have a Knowledge base with just subcategories and articles? Using the short code it only shows a list of articles but not a knowledge base.

1b. Where do you see ID for categories. Is it their name?

1c. Where can I see a list of al your shortcode?

1d. I do not understand what you mean by “Another option would be using the build in category template, that will list the different articles for that cateogry.” Where is that buildin template? I do not see it in your theme as a page option. Do you mean adding a category-page by adding a category menu-item? Then yes I see a list, but I would like a Knowledge Base so it doesn’t work for me.

3. I still see the big header whatever template I use (FAQ, Knowledge Base, Home) on my homepage?!? Any idea why?

4. How to order categories and articles? Is that possible? If I cannot order my categories/subcategories and articles, then I unfortunately cannot use Flatbase at all. This is key to me.

Thanks for helping
    Manu

It seems to me that there are two many things like categories and articles order that need php coding and I have not the knowledge nor the time to get into it.

So if it’s not possible without extra coding, I would like to ask for my money back, as won’t be using Faltbase at all and will go for the heroic Knowledge Base plugin instead (even though its much more expensive, which I was hoping to avoid).

I need my FAQ ready by the weekend, so I am in a hurry. 🙂

Best
    Manu

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Manu,

Thank you for the follow up. Regarding your questions.

1.a. With having subcategories and articles you mean in the same grid? The idea is that the subcategories are not listed in the main grid, but you can use that category later with a shortcode like the one I’ve mentioned in order to list its subcategories. The idea is that you can have as many “knowledge bases” as you want by going deeper into subcategories and using the shortcode. The only thing you need is to have an organized structure regarding categories.

1.b. If you go to “Articles > Categories” and you put your mouse pointer on top of any article you’ll get to see that the link has something like this: http://yourwpsite.com/wp-admin/term.php?taxonomy=article-category&tag_ID=30

In that case, 30 is the ID of the category.

1.c. At the moment we only have a couple of shortcodes like the one I mentioned before but we’re working on evolving the functionality in order to include more shortcodes. Once we have that we’ll include the list in the documentation.

1.d. The built-in template for article categories is the one you get to see for any category if you go to “Articles > Categories” and you click the “view” link when you step over any of the categories. It is like an archive of that category.

3. I visited your site admin and you are currently using another theme so I couldn’t get to see how your configuration was. But it sounded like a configuration issue.

4. You can use this plugin to set an order for the article categories: http://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

Articles can be ordered by using the “Order” field when creating/editing an article.

I’ve seen you purchased via ThemeForest, you can see their refund policy here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server