How To Translate “Go To” In Mobile Menu ?

This support request was posted in BBQ by karl9000

Request ID #31924 In Progress
  • Hello,
    I use the BBQ theme.
    A simple question.
    How to translate “Go To” in Mobile Menu?
    Which PHP file should I modify?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well.

We highly discourage people from editing PHP files in order to translate a theme. That’s not the way to translate themes, and as a result, you will lose all the translations once you update the theme.

We have created an article explaining how to translate a theme, that you may want to have a look at https://nicethemes.com/article/how-to-translate-themes-and-plugins/

There are also free plugins like this one to translate theme strings: https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

Best,
    Juan.

Hello Juan,
    Thank you for your prompt response.
    I tried to follow your advice but I did not find the entry “Go To” with Loco or Poedit.
    Finally, as I am in a hurry and since I do not want to translate only a word from the responsive menu, I modified the file “scripts.php” which was in the folder: “… wp-content / themes / bbq / includes” .
    Everything works well.
    Best regards
    Didier

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Didier,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Ok, that’s not recommended, but if it works for you that’s fine.

Please have in mind and remember that you have changed that before updating the theme, because you will lose the changes.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server