HTML in Info Box?

This support request was posted in BBQ by meltnyc

Request ID #511 Resolved
  • Hello,

Is it possible to use HTML in the info boxes? For example, I’d like to use one to display our specials instead of a picture. I can get the text to show up, but can’t seem to control it from there despite trying a few different tags. Mainly just looking for the ability to put text in bold and add spaces between lines.

Thanks,
    Cole

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Cole,

Thanks for writing. Infoboxes actually show the excerpt ( It’s like a little introduction of the full content ), and they don’t show html code.

However, I can explain you how to do this. You’ll need to edit your template-home.php file.

If you want to remove the images from the infoboxes, just remove these lines of code:

< ?php if (  (function_exists( 'has_post_thumbnail' ) ) && ( has_post_thumbnail() )  ) : ?>

< ?php endif; ?>

And to show the full content of the infobox, instead of just the excerpt – Change this line of code ( line 80 )

< ?php nice_excerpt( 150 ); ?>

With this

< ?php the_content(); ?>

I’ve seen you’re not using your home widgets. Maybe by using them you’ll save to change all this. You can use HTML in widgets.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server