Info boxes

This support request was posted in General Support by rajkara

Request ID #1773 In Progress
  • Hi – I’m very new to wordpress.
    Have managed to get my slider working and assumed the same process for the info boxes.
    Can’t seem to make it visible. Have created 3 info boxes, have assigned featured images and have published them all but non are showing up below the slider. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi There,

Thanks for writing and welcome to the WordPress world 🙂

With regards to the info boxes, there’s a option over the Theme Options to enable that for the home page. All you need to do is go through your Theme Options > Home Options and check the option I’ve mentioned before.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi – yes thankyou, I have managed to work it out.

I’m having a bigger problem with the text colours. I have changed the background colour to Black and can’t seem to be able to change the colour of the text.
    I have tried in Theme Options>Typography but makes no difference to any of the colour settings at all.

There is also a white box around the food headings and prices – obviously when the background was white this wasnt a problem. Is there a way to remove the white boxes?

Thankyou for your help with this – I have taken this over from someone who had a lot more knowledge on web build than me so I am learning along the way!
    Cheers

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello There,

Thanks for writing.

With regards to the text colors, within the theme options you can change the font color for each one of the available options. To change the color of the body font you need to add some css. You can do it in the file custom.css (something like body{ color: #fff; } )

Regarding the white box around the food headings and prices, that’s there in order to have working the dotted line between each one of those. You can try the following:

.menu-box li .title span{ background: #your-new-bg-color; }

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks again – ill give that a go.
    The code for the white box issue you have supplied. Where do I paste this?

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem.

You can put that in the file custom.css or within your theme options, check this for more information: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#custom-scripting

Best,
    Juan.

Thats done the trick – thanks so much.
    1 last thing – now I have changed the background colour to black, there is a white box above the drop down menu from the navigation. Is there a custom script to change that colour?

Cheers

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem.

With regards to the white box above the drop down menu, that’s an image, you’ll need to go and edit it separately.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server