Infoboxes

This support request was posted in Flatbase by alatariel

Request ID #5265 In Progress
  • Hi guys,

I want to edit the infoboxes: add a paragraph (well, more like an extra line) and some text links. However right now that isn’t possible. I checked the css file, and I could find anything that I could edit (or maybe I’m blind, which is always the case ;)).

So… is it possible to do what I want?

Thank you a lot guys! You’re awesome!

I’m not sure whether to start a new thread about this, so I guess I’ll just write it here so it doesn’t create too much spamming in the forum.

So, I haven’t edited any of the css responsive code, and yet the menu looks like this: http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/Boho_Moho/Untitled-1_zps81cba8e7.png

I used firebug and chrome to check the elements and there doesn’t seem to be any visible difference in the code. Any ideas?

Hello.

Thanks for writing and thank you for your kind words.

Yes, the thing is that the infoboxes displays the excerpt instead of the whole content. (Just in case you need to learn about excertps in WordPress, please read this article: http://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt)

You have two options:

1. Try to accommodate the content you want to display in the excerpt field.
    2. Modify the file template-home.php and replace

nice_excerpt( 150 );

With:

the_content(); 

In the line number 78.

With regards to your second question, I cannot see your image so I don’t understand the problem. We try to keep the forum organised by creating different topics for different questions. So, I’d kindly ask you if you could create a new topic and enter the image over there directly, with a proper title, according to the problem.

Best,
    Juan.

Note: i solved my second problem about the menu. By mistake I had double pasted the css code for the spacing and it was read as doubling it so… yeah, kind of dumb 😉

About the infoboxes….
    I don’t have that line on the template-home.php. Especially on line 78 is the dynamic pre-footer.
    Is it possible that it’s in another file?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.

That’s great 🙂

Regarding the infoboxes, what version of the theme are you running?

In the latest version, line #78 is

nice_excerpt( 150 );

Best,
    Juan.

It should be the latest version. I bought the theme in last month and I haven’t received any announcements for updates or so…
    mhm i can’t really find where is mentioned the version of the theme….

Oh and I bought it through here (your website).

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

You can check the version on the backend: Under Appearance > Themes, or if you go to NiceThemes > Updates.

How is that you’re checking the contents of the file template-home.php?

Best,
    Juan.

“You are running the theme: Flatbase
    Version: 1.0.1”

I’m helping a friend with the website

Juanfra Aldasoro

Oh, I’m sorry I was looking at the wrong file.

Have you tried avoiding to insert content in the excerpt field?

Best,
    Juan.

No problem 🙂
    The only content I have inserted is in the content box for the infpboxes inside the admin dashboard.
    The only thing I have done with excerpts is add a php code to the functions.php so it will be shown in the blog page.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.

Would you please send me your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server