Intercom Plug-in

This support request was posted in Smart by mari

Request ID #32265 Resolved
  • Hi,
    We bought the theme but it does not appear to be compatible with Intercom or the Intercom WP plug-in. It does work on 2 other themes we have but we REALLY wanted to use Smart. This makes us sad.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    m

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Mari,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well.

Do you have any other plugins installed?

Would you please send us your site access details in a private reply so we can see what the compatibility issue might be caused by?

Thanks,
    Juan

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Mari,

Thanks for the follow-up and for sharing your site access details with me.

We’ll be taking a look at it and come back as soon as we have an answer.

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Mari,

Thank you for your patience.

We’ve been investigating the issue and it seems that Intercom use websockets (it’s a technology they use to develop their chat system, you don’t need to know what this means) to work, and that was causing a conflict with the library in charge of managing the website load in our theme (we use Pace, to be specific).

We’ve found a solution and we have created a patch for this issue. We’ve pasted the code in your Theme Options Panel, on the Custom Code > Custom Javascript input.

In case you need to see the code, you can find it here: https://gist.github.com/juanfra/8c9752f2a0e3d27c52924629c5510b4b

Thanks,
    Juan.

Thank you so much!!

Juanfra Aldasoro

My pleasure 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server