Knowledge base isn't limiting articles on home page

This support request was posted in Flatbase by realnets

Request ID #37452 In Progress
  • I have a few problems.

• Currently on our home page it is listing all of our subcategories as well as all articles from both categories and subcategories. I believe we have the articles limited to 5 right now
    • On a category page it doesn’t show the subcategories it just shows all the articles from all categories and subcategories.
    • The articles don’t display the category or subcategory that they belong to.
    • I need to provide an easy way for users to browse these categories and subcategories because of how many there are. Is it possible to display each category with a drop down to show and hide subcategory if someone wants to drill into a category?

Thank you!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing, I hope you are doing well.

1. The home page will list all the categories by default, with the subcategories and all the articles linked to that branch. If you want to hide the subcategories, you can add the following code to your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/juanfra/48b94d29d423df816e76c3d3c2d46296

2. Yes, the category page shows the category articles by default, it doesn’t include the sub-categories, you’ll need to go to the subcategory template to see the articles in the sub-category.

3. You can see the category they belong to, beside the “box” icon, after the article content.

4. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to do that via the options panel nor the included templates. You can always extend or create your own page template to display the information as you need.

I hope you have a nice day,
    Juan.

1. Awesome, thank you
    2. If you use this page as an example http://dietitian.realnets.net/article-category/healthy-eating/ there are no articles in the category but there are in the subcategory, it just makes it hard to navigate and is somewhat deceptive to show articles of a child rather than the parent itself. Is there any way to display the subcategories on this page with just the articles that belong to the parent?
    3. But it doesn’t show the whole family, can we show the all the information?
    4. The functionality we are looking for is built into posts by default. Do you not have a way to reuse this functionality?
    5. New question, have you tried to use AdSense Auto Ads with this theme?

Checking in

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up and sorry for the delay.

Regarding categorization, the solution would be to assign articles to both the sub-category and the parent category.

Regarding #4, the article custom post type has the same structure as posts, so you should be able to do the same. I’m not sure if I’m understanding your question there.

No, we haven’t tried Adsense Auto Ads.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server