layout of site is different on iPad

This support request was posted in General Support by ifssvas

Request ID #1002 Resolved
  • This is Jerome and I have a site here: http://www.cbsullivanconsulting.com/dev/

The site is missing the top menus on the iPad and the icons on home page are not aligned by 4 columns horizontally. It only has 2 rows on the iPad, which uses the Safari Browser.

I have downloaded the Safari Browser for Windows to see if there would be a difference and it does not show up correctly with the Windows version either.

I tried Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera Browsers and they all work good.

Do you have a solution for this?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for writing. Your site looks different on different devices because the theme is responsive. Actually, it’s one of its features. Here you can see a presentation that explains what is responsive design: http://johnpolacek.github.com/scrolldeck.js/decks/responsive/

Best,
    Juan.

Yes I understand that, but the issue that I am referring to is a browser issue.

The Safari Browser is showing all the elements on the pages correctly and this is not just on an iPad.

I downloaded the Safari Browser on my PC Laptop and it does not show correctly on there either.

The menus are not showing up at all with the Safari Browser on any platform.

Please address the issue with the Safari browser and can this be fixed.

Remember it does not matter about the type of device, because it is not showing up on a PC either when the Safari Browser is used.

Thanks,
    Jerome

Sorry, I had a typo in one of my sentences of above:

I said this: The Safari Browser is showing all the elements on the pages correctly and this is not just on an iPad.

But I meant this:

The Safari Browser is NOT showing all the elements on the pages correctly and this is not just on an iPad.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for writing. I’ve been through your site on an iPad and then in desktop with Safari and everything looks perfect.

Please, remember that the responsive menu is different from the regular menu. Here you can see a picture of how your site is looking over an iPad.

View post on imgur.com

Would you send me a screenshot or explain me a little more about what are you experiencing with Safari? I had no problem at all when visiting your site.

Best,
    Juan.

Here is the screenshot of the website being viewed from my laptop using Safari and the menus are not showing up: http://www.jerpat.org/screenShotFromLaptop_usingSafari.jpg

I see how you brought it up on the iPad, so that will work, BUT do you know why Safari does not bring up up correctly on a PC using Safari?

Thanks,
    Jerome

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for sending the screenshot. I’ve sent you a photo of how it’s looking on the iPad because of the main question of this topic.

Regarding your screenshot, it’s looking that way because the window is not maximized and the viewport is reaching ipad dimensions. If you maximize the window – I’m almost pretty sure but it’ll depend on your screen resoution – it’ll look ok.

Best,
    Juan.

Yes the iPad issue is good.

If you download the Safari Browser on a PC you will see the menus at the top do not show up.

They show up on all other browsers.

Let me know if you also see this using the Safari Browser on a PC.

Never mind!

I see that it is the same on the PC version of Safari, just like on the iPad:)

Please close this issue as resolved.

Thank you so much for all your help!

GREAT SUPPORT!!!!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jerome,

Brilliant 🙂

Thanks for your kind words.

Have a nice weekend,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server