Links opening in a new window

This support request was posted in Flatbase by NT_admin32

Request ID #6586 In Progress
  • I really like the flatbase theme. Of course after customizing and launching our new site it was suggested that I change the link functionality to not open in a new window. Before I even think about making this change I wanted to know if limiting the links to open on the same page effects breadcrumb functionality?

Also, if there no effect on breadcrumb function is there a tool for bulk edits to change links to open in existing window, or change to open in a new window or tab?

Thanks for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. The links on flatbase open on the same window. I’m a bit confused about the links you are referring to.

Do you mean the links for the breadcrumbs? Over which page?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

Thanks fro your reply. Sorry for any confusion on my part.
    My Categories, breadcrumb & related articles pages all open on the same window. But my articles pages within categories, were set to open in another window/tab. Is there away to bulk edit all my article pages to open on the same window?

Thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt response.

Do you mean the links within the content you have inserted when creating the articles?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. The article pages were created to open in a new window/tab. How can I bulk change them back to open in the same window.

Thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. Well, this issue is related to the content editor and the way users create their content. I guess WordPress doesn’t give any special tool to do bulk edits. Perhaps by following a guide like this one: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/search-and-replace-plugin-for-wordpress-database/

And removing the target="_blank" could help.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server