Menu Categories & Pages

This support request was posted in BBQ by Deltapdx

Request ID #457 Resolved
  • I would like to organize our Top Navigation Bar using our Pages with drop down menus under some to direct people to certain menus.

Example: FULL B AR with a drop down of COCKTAILS, HOT DRINKS, BEER ON TAP, BEER, WINE

It seems like I should be able to edit the permalink of each drop down page to the menu category it represents but I still get the full menu rather than just specific categories.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello There,

Thanks for writing. I’ve been through your site and I noticed you are not using the WordPress menu functionality. That will solve the problem really fast.

WordPress menus are really easy to set up, we have some documentation on that respect. This way, you’ll have your menu in the blink of an eye and your problem will be resolved. http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#menus ( Plus, you’ll learn a great tip for using WordPress 😉 )

Once you create your WordPress menu, you’ll see ( if you scroll the menu panel down a bit ) that you can select the Food Menu Categories from the box on the left side and add them to your navigation menu.

Let me know if you need more assistance on this or any other issue.

Best,
    Juan.

So, I added the Navigation Menu but still can’t get the drop down to include ONLY specific Menu categories.
    Help!

I want to be able to click on FULL BAR, drop down to COCKTAILS and show ONLY cocktails… right now it shows the whole menu even though the URL directs to category cocktails.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Please check, when you go to Appearance > Menus, that you can select the Food Menu Categories from the box on the left side and add them to your navigation menu. ( You need to scroll down a little on that page, and you’ll find them at the left side, below the box labeled “Categories” ).

Then you can order them, and put them as drop downs for your menu FULL BAR.

NOTE: You don’t need to create pages for your Food Menu categories, they’re generated automatically. So far, you’ve created pages for that, and you’re using them on the WordPress navigation menu.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,
    Juan.

Can you look at the nav bar now and see if I’ve set things up correctly? It’s working the way I want it to but I feel like I’ve used a work around maybe. Nonetheless, I like the way it’s functioning… just would like your feedback. Thx

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello There,

It’s working now!!!
    However, I would use “Pages” and “Menu categories” for the menu, instead of “Custom Links”. The reason is simple, for the navigation menu as it is now, whenever you make a change in any of the pages ( Title or Permalink ) you will need to go and edit the navigation menu for changes to take place. If you use “Pages” and “Menu categories” this will happen automatically.

I would recommend to use “Custom Links” in your navigation menu only if you’r linking content that is not in your site.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server