modify search bar

This support request was posted in Flatbase by ddikiz

Request ID #29260 In Progress
  • Hello, i made a home page, few pages and a FAQ for my website. When i enter a word in the search bar, before that i put the touch ‘enter’ it find the title of the question in the FAQ, but when i enter a word who’s in a page, it doesn’t appear in the search bar. How can i do to make the word of my pages appear?

This is good, I found a post that someone made before and now the search bar find the title of the pages when i write a word. But I’d like it to display a part of the sentence that the customer write

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I’m happy you’ve found a solution to include pages within the live search functionality.

Unfortunately there’s no functionality to highlight the words that are currently being searched. We may include this in future releases, but there’s no certainty about it.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan, thank you for the answer. I have another question for you please, I’m customizing my search-bar but I don’t find the file search-results.php. Can you tell me where it is?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up.

We use the WordPress default search results template, search.php

Best,
    Juan.

Thank you for answer me so often, I know this is a bit exhaustive. I’m sorry but I’m now trying to find how the search-result work with flatbase. Do you have some informations for me? I’m looking for the function that search the word that i’m writting in the whole website.

I don’t understand how it work.

Thank you,
    D

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi D,

Thank you for the follow up. No worries.

We base our theme search functionality in the native search from WordPress directly. That’s the same functionality used for searching posts in the native search form, like the one included in the native widget.

Here you can find a discussion of how it works: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/115945/how-does-wordpress-search-work-behind-the-scenes

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server