Modifying the front page

This support request was posted in Flatbase by wpnewbie

Request ID #6823 In Progress
  • Hello,

I really like this theme and would like to have my home page look almost exactly as seen in the demo. The one exception is that I would like to remove the knowledge base categories section and have just the header area with logo and background, tagline, search block, (3) info boxes and a footer.

I am using the home page (and home page template) as my front page so that I can enable the (3) info boxes.

How can I remove the knowledge base category area seen on the demo page front page? I would like to simply have the knowledge base info box link to a separate page with the knowledge base categories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately the Knowledge Base part of the home page template is something you can not remove from the options.

I think the best option to remove that part, would be creating a child theme, and then for the file template-home.php, remove the lines of code in charge of displaying the knowledge base (from line 39 to line 49).

You can read more about child themes here: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/wordpress-child-theme-tutorial

Best,
    Juan.

Juan,

Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion to use a modified child theme worked perfectly.

I have another question. I’m using this theme for a support website for both end users and also support staff. I would like to restrict some articles to be viewed only by support staff. I see the ability to set the article as “private” but then it is readable only by the author. I would like my support staff to log in and be able to view all private articles. Do you know of any good plugins to allow subscribers to view private articles? If not, is there a way to do this in code by editing a template?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up.

Regarding your second question: I’d recommend you something like http://restrictcontentpro.com/ or similar.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server