Multiple Sidebars in Netleier

This support request was posted in Netelier by chrismacho

Request ID #2063 Resolved
  • I’m wondering how I can go about implementing multiple sidebars with a plugin like this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamics-sidebars/ — The Nice Themes Sidebars seem to be overriding anything that this plugin is doing. Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing. How is that you’re doing the integration?

Best,
    Juan.

Hey there Juan.
    Oh, I forgot to mention: This website is heavy on PAGES not POSTS.
    I installed that plugin but the only sidebar that will appear on a page template is “Primary”.

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Then maybe the plugin is not being able to create the sidebars?

Our themes create sidebars by using the WordPress functions, nothing strange that can override the plugin functionality. You can find the code over /netelier/includes/sidebars.php

Have you tried asking the plugin author if it’s working ok?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,
    Yeah I’m not sure what to say. I don’t know much about php. I do html/css/js — It’s the second plugin I’ve tried with the same result. I can try contacting the plugin author as well… The only sidebar that will appear on any page is ‘Primary’ — Does it have anything to do with the argument here:

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Hi Juan,
    Yeah I’m not sure what to say. I don’t know much about php. I do html/css/js — It’s the second plugin I’ve tried with the same result. I can try contacting the plugin author as well… The only sidebar that will appear on any page is ‘Primary’ — Does it have anything to do with the argument here:

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Sorry – the code isn’t posting:

if ( !function_exists( 'dynamic_sidebar' ) || !dynamic_sidebar( 'Primary' ) ) : endif;

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Chris,

I’m not sure If we’re getting the whole message. Would you please send me your site details over support@nicethemes.com, and what are the two plugins you’ve had problems with.

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks Chris,

That’s the basic code in order to call a sidebar. It’s totally free of any kind of errors and I’m sure it can’t be causing any compatibility problems with any type of plugin.

That’s why I’ve encouraged you to contact the plugin author on my first interaction.

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Chris,

Did you get any feedback from the plugin author?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,
    Thanks for following up. Nothing yet… I’ll let you know when.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Chris,

Thanks, please keep me updated.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Hey Juan,

I’ve been literally grasping at straws and I figured something out. If I change the code in sidebar.php

FROM
    `if ( !function_exists( ‘dynamic_sidebar’ ) || !dynamic_sidebar( ‘Primary’ ) ) : endif;`

TO
    `if ( !function_exists( ‘dynamic_sidebar’ ) || !dynamic_sidebar( ‘Home’ ) ) : endif;`

The multiple sidebars plugin will work. I happen to notice that the “Primary” sidebar was always being displayed. I wanted to see if that was controlling it and well, everything is working now. It doesn’t really make sense WHY it’s working now but it is. Seems like now it would just default to the “Home” sidebar but that’s not the case.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Chris,

Awesome, I’m happy to hear that you’ve find a solution. However, as you’ve said it doesn’t really make sense why it’s working now 🙂

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server