Need to update theme to latest 1.0.7, but…

This support request was posted in Flatbase by MorningZ

Request ID #7029 In Progress
  • Hi, on June 15th i had my supervisor purchase this theme for our intranet site, the version at the time, and is still currently installed, is 1.0.2

I just tried to update WordPress core to 4.5 and it crippled Flatbase. The homepage worked, but category and articles pages generated blank pages.

I assume that the .7 version is compatible with the latest core, but I am not sure how I can acquire the download.

I have the PDF of the receipt from Envato so I can provide license/purchase information, just tell me where to email it to to prove ownership

Thanks
    – Stephen

btw, my supervisor is no longer with the company and I have no way of logging into Envato as him

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

At first it seems that you are having a problem with permalinks. Try to go to “Settings > Permalinks” of your WordPress admin and save the settings.

Unfortunately we cannot help you with licenses as they are managed by Envato (the company behind ThemeForest), you can read their guidelines and FAQs about transferring licenses here http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq#license-transferable-a

Best,
    Juan.

Wait, why am i having problems with permalinks? All i did was update to WP 4.5, i didn’t change anything (unless you are saying that that WP update broke permalinks)

And if i provide you proof that our company spent $48 dollars for your theme that we bought less than 10 months ago you wouldn’t just get me this update to 1.0.7 without any hassle? That’s very poor business

And to add insult to injury, I’m trying to enter a help desk ticket on Envato’s site and am getting caught in a loop on their support form telling me “before you submit a ticket, check these out” but those links do not help with my situation, clicking Submit on the ticket just brings me right back to that message

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up. I’m trying to help you.

Regarding the permalinks, I mentioned that because if you can get to see the home page but not the internal pages, it is the first problem that came into my mind, and it actually happens sometimes with WordPress and some servers, wether they need to regenerate the .htaccess file once the version is updated and other reasons.

Regarding Envato (ThemeForest), we use them as our selling platform and by being exclusive authors we cannot redistribute any of our files outside of their structure because the risk is that they kick out and we lose our business. We also have to deal with their poor support structure every time we have a problem as product publishers.

Best,
    Juan.

You’re doing a terrible job of trying to help, all you are just passing the buck to Envato and their even worse (since I cannot even submit a ticket! their form is broken). that is just making matters worse.

Whatever. I’ll spend time and effort on someone else’s product.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up.

We’re not passing the buck to Envato, we sell on their marketplace and we have to stay strict to their guidelines if we want to stay selling over there. This is something we do not manage. We are sorry they are not responding, we are doing it.

A simple solution would be having a company account in which you buy the products you’ll use instead of using personal accounts and being at risk of not having access to products because somebody leaves the company.

Best regards,
    Juan.

Alright, through 12 hoops of fire i had to jump through, but I have access..

I downloaded the “wordpress theme” zip file from Themeforest, as well as “flatbase.zip” right off this site.

How do I get our site’s theme updated from 1.0.2 to 1.0.7 so that I in turn can update the WordPress core to 4.5 ?

I’m not presented with an “Update Available” option for Flatbase in the WordPress dashboard

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear that the guys at envato did their job and gave you access to the files.

Regarding the update, the best way to update the theme files at this point would be connecting via FTP to your server and replacing the old files with the new ones. I’d recommend you to make a backup of the files you currently have in your flatbase folder.

The one-click updates for themes are implemented via the WordPress.org repository, so it is only available with themes downloaded from that site (unless the author implements their own, we’re working on solutions for this, but sometimes we’re limited to distribute files like that because each update has to be reviewed and approved by Envato).

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server