Newbie Header Image question

This support request was posted in Flatbase by iunknown21

Request ID #5497 In Progress
  • I uploaded ‘Retina’ header image that is 1075×350 and a non-Retina version that is 538×175.

Of course, it looks fine on my 24″ monitor but when I use my Galaxy Note 4, the image doesn’t re-size correctly.

This is my first wordpress site and my first theme, so I’m sure that I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t seem to figure out what it is.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello there,

Thanks for writing and welcome to the WordPress world 🙂

What version of the theme are you currently running? Did you set the logo height in the theme options panel?

Best,
    Juan.

Hey Juan,

It appears that I’m running 4.1.1
    Yes, I sent the logo height to 350 to match the image height. Is that the problem?

I also tried to set the background, but didn’t have any luck. Maybe my background image is too big?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up. I think the version you mentioned would be WordPress version.

Please have in mind that if you set the logo image height to 350px it will automatically stretch the width in order to maintain the image ratio.

The bast majority of mobile phones have resolutions which are smaller than 350px, thing that will make your logo look “incomplete”.

I would recommend you to try and use another dimension.

With regards to the background image, it will only display on the “Boxed” layout mode.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server