No widgets?

This support request was posted in Folly by peteabides

Request ID #2328 Resolved
  • I just found this perfect theme for what I’m trying to make. Simple. To the point. Still textured and with depth. But when I install it, there’s no widget areas for me– the whole widget section is gone in the Dashboard. When I paste in widgets.php in the admin area, it says my theme isn’t set up to use widgets. Am I missing something? The documentation seems to imply that this shouldn’t be an issue at all. I swear I’m not a dummy with WordPress, but this one’s got me stumped.

Sorry– sorry. I swear I tried to look first. I saw this: http://nicethemes.com/forums/topic/widgets-home-page/ The explanation strikes me as odd, since the demo looks like it has widgets (social media section won’t display for me, for example). I’ll have to find another theme, I guess, but this one is near perfect! Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Pete,

Thanks for writing. Yes, unfortunately we didn’t include any widgets for Folly.

You can set the social media part from the options.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

That’s the part that’s got me confused– I looked at the documentation and it seems like you fill in the social media links, then they just show up. I did, but they aren’t displaying. I keep trying to compare the demo and my site and it’s just not coming together. Something’s not working out, but I don’t know what.

Also, the documentation is what led me astray on the Widget question because there’s a while section that talks about widgets in it: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/folly/
    “Nice Widgets – The theme includes a bunch of different widgetized spaces, along with custom, specific widgets to allow you more customisation options than ever before.”

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Pete,

Have you configured the Home Page with the Home Page template?

With regards to the Widgets and the documentation, there’s an error within the documentation page. We’ll resolve that shortly.

Best,
    Juan.

That’s the part I missed! Thanks, Juan. Sorry for the trouble!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Pete,

No problem. Have a nice day.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server