Php 5.6 or newer compatibility

This support request was posted in Paeon by bluepanther

Request ID #38977 In Progress
  • Hi there,

I need to update this website to the latest version of wordpress but the site is runnig on an older version of php. So before I can update to the latest wordpress version I need to update the php to 5.6 or higher. Please could you confirm that this theme is compatible with the newer version of php please?

Thanks very much.

Nerissa

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nerissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope you’re doing well.

Yes, ideally it should be compatible with PHP up to 7.2 – We always recommend you update the environment on staging and then if everything goes well, do it in production.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi there,

Ok thanks very much for your response. I’ll try it first on a testing site.

I have one more pretty major issue with the site. For some reason I cannot update anything in the theme options, it worked when I initially built the site but when I try to update options on the home page in the theme options I get the following error:

I contacted the hosting company and asked them to increase the length of the URI so that I do not get this error and can update the options on the home page in the theme options.

They gave this reply:
    “Hi Thank you for your ticket.
    Sorry for the trouble here. If you’re getting this error it usually suggests a coding error somewhere as the default limit is 1,000s of characters in length. I can see you’re using WordPress – are you getting this error when trying to update a certain plugin or the core WordPress installation? If it relates to a plugin then I would recommend getting in touch with the plugin developer as this suggest a coding issue and they’ll be best placed to advise here.”

There are no plugins on the site so it’s definitely down to an error with the theme. Have you had this issue before? How can I resolve it? Are there coding errors in the theme that would create this problem?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Nerissa

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Would you please share your site access details in a private reply? The theme options panel does some verifications with JavaScript, so if you have other plugins that are causing conflicts this may result in your theme options panel not working correctly.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server