Possible Bugs

This support request was posted in BBQ by becktj07

Request ID #412 Resolved
  • I changed my footer widget titles, and they only updated on a few of my pages. The other ones are still the old titles. Also, the hover color of the submit comment buttons on my pages did not change to the custom color I chose, they are still the orange defualt color that came with the theme. The “thank you” message displayed after using the contact form is still the orange default color, too.
    Lastly, I created a page using the gallery template, and the images display as large size images on the page and as the lightbox thumbnails below. Then I tried to delete all the images in the gallery but they still show up as just thumbnails.

Any suggestions I should try?
    Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for writing 🙂

1) Footer Widget titles
    I’ve been through your site and I see the widget titles the same as configured in the admin section. Could you please specify me where can I check that?

2) Colors
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve just updated the theme to version 1.0.3, solving this issue. You can download again the zip, and by putting the files on place the problem must be solved.

3) Gallery
    The template, as it is right now in your site is how it should look. Please have in mind that the only thing you need to do for this template to work is to attach images and they’ll be automatically linked, this means they’ll appear in the gallery. If you want to unlink images from your gallery, open the media manager (“Insert media” button) then check the media library and select “Uploaded to this page” from the select field. You’ll see all the images uploaded for that gallery. You can order them by dragging and dropping, edit their values and delete them.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Juan.

Thanks Juan!
    I’ll upload the new zip file and look at the widgets again.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Excellent 😉 You’re welcome.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Juan.

So to fix the comment button hover color, just download the new bbq.zip and drop it in my wp themes folder in FTP to overwrite the old bbq theme? Just double checking, I don’t want to erase my website that I just made!

Im a new WP user, but I’m guessing the content of my site (images, text, whatever else) is kept somewhere else to avoid losing it when there is an update. Is this correct?

Also, will the new bbq.zip overwrite my custom.css file? I do have a backup, but I was just wondering.

Thanks again, Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Every time you update something, I would recommend you, to make a backup. I think you won’t experience any problem while updating the theme, but just in case, it’s always a good idea to have a backup ( As you did 🙂 )

You don’t have to overwrite the custom.css file because if you do that you’ll lose all the changes you’ve made. The same with any other file that you may have edited.

For the color fix, we’ve edited files over the folder /includes/. So, if you don’t want to have any risk when updating, you may overwrite that folder.

Regarding images & content, you won’t lose anything that you’ve made through the admin section.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server