Search Bar in Header

This support request was posted in Flatbase by btqhomes

Request ID #37394 In Progress
  • Hello,

I’d like to move the search bar into the header, so it’s accessible on every page. Currently, it’s in the sidebar, but I’d like to get rid of the sidebar and move the search bar in the header area (either in the primary navigation or below it).

I’ve read that I have to modify the header.php file. Is it possible for you to provide the snippet of code that I could use to place it in header.php? Or could you let me know where to find that code to display the search bar? Would the code be in the search.php file?

Thank you!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you’re doing well.

The search bar in the sidebar is a widget. What you want to do is having the search from the home page on the header of the rest of the pages?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your response. Hope you’re doing well as well!

Yes, we’d like to have the sidebar in the header for all pages (preferably on the right corner of the navigation menu). Is it possible to move the search bar in the navigation area with this theme?

Thank you!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Unfortunately, that’s not possible via theme options. It’ll require some customization, and we cannot give support for that https://nicethemes.com/article/support-vs-customizations-2/ – However it is not impossible, if you’re comfortable with doing some coding, it is something doable.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server