Search tags

This support request was posted in Flatbase by jkatcher

Request ID #5426 In Progress
  • Hi there.

I am planning to use this theme to create a music catalog. Is there any easy way to customize the search bar? I’d like to be able to:

1 – input multiple keywords
    2 – search post tags

Thanks so much in advance!

Also – when the results are populated, is there any way to keep the original large search bar at the top?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

Would you please specify the theme you are writing about? This topic was created over the “General Support” forum.

Best,
    Juan.

Sorry about that – it’s for the Flatbase theme. Thanks so much for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve moved the topic to the Flatbase forum.

With regards to your original questions:

1) You are able to input multiple keywords.
    2) The search functionality is handled by the functionality provided by WordPress. As far as I know, it only search in the title and content fields.

With regards to modifying how the theme is, in order to keep the search bar at the top, you are free to customize it in the way you need. We don’t provide support on customizations, we only provide support on theme related issues: http://nicethemes.com/article/support-vs-customizations/

Best,
    Juan

Got it, thanks. I found a workaround for the tag search.

When the live search populates results, it doesn’t include the embedded audio player in my post. It shows the title and tag, but not the embedded audio.

Within the post, the code is
    `[audio mp3="http://music.nicemanners.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/NM-7000.mp3"][/audio]`

Any idea why?

Also re: live search and multiple keywords – does the theme support an “OR” search instead of “AND”? I’d like to be able to have the client search “pop, rock, latin” etc and have all results for any the keywords come up, as opposed to posts that have only those keywords.

Thanks so much for your help Juan!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you from your prompt response.

I’m sorry but I don’t know what is that you are trying to do. The live search populates the title of the article only. It is not supposed to include any other content.

With regards to your last message, as I’ve mentioned before the live search it is not meant to be working with tags, it only takes the keyword and do a search with the functionalities provided by WordPress.

Best,
    Juan.

Is there a way for it to include the post’s content?

Yes, I know it’s not meant to work with tags, and that issue has been resolved on my end.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Not through the options/configuration. You are free to run into the code and modify what you need.

The search results are provided by the file search.php

Unfortunately we can’t provide support on customizations. http://nicethemes.com/article/support-vs-customizations/

Best,
    Juan.

What a bummer – that would be a nice feature to have in this theme.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

We’ll consider this for the upcoming versions.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server