Shortcode Support

This support request was posted in Flatbase by xanderdekker

Request ID #6150 In Progress
  • I’m using the flatbase theme and found out that the shortcode [nicethemes_knowledgebase category=21] only shows the last 5 posts of the subcategories.

Is there a possibilty to show more articles (or all the articles in that specific category) in stead of just 5?

Is there a shortcode for showing all the posts/articles in one category?

It doesn’t have to be a knowledgebase, it’s good if it’s only a display posts shortcode with a listing with the post titles.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

The knowledgebase shortcode, when used with the category parameter, works displaying the child categories and its articles. With regards to the amount of posts, have you checked the “Number of articles per category” option within the theme options panel? It is located in the “Home options” section. We’ll review this.

This code, pasted in your functions.php file will work the same way: https://gist.github.com/juanfraa/0677d064fe9a8040a719

If you want to show all the articles per category you can use the category template. To check that template (which is automatically generated) you need to go to “Articles > Categories” and step over any of the categories. You’ll see a button labeled “View”. If you click that button you’ll be redirected to the category template.

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

We’ve updated the theme to the version 1.0.3, in which you can use the ‘numberposts’ parameter in the shortcode.

Best,
    Juan

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply! I will update the theme.
    I want to have a knowledgebase template with more posts than 15 (15 is the maximum according to the Option: Numbers per category)

Kind regards,

Xander

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Xander,

Thank you for the follow up. Well, for that you can use the code I’ve pasted previously: https://gist.github.com/juanfraa/0677d064fe9a8040a719

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server