Slider Gone – Please Help

This support request was posted in BBQ by JAJ1976

Request ID #2996 In Progress
  • Howdy,

My Slider has disappeared. I have followed all the other advice you have given to others to get the Slider back but non of it has worked.

Would you be able to give me a hand?

Cheers, Julie

Howdy Julie,

Thanks for writing. Are you using a plugin with JavaScript compressor or some optimiser?

It suddenly disappeared from nothing?

Best,
    Juan.

HI Juan,
    Thank you for your quick reply. I had given my site to a freelancer to “flesh out” for me. The slider worked when I handed it over. When the site was returned to me the slider didn’t work anymore. It may be that he has used a “plugin with JavaScript compressor or some optimiser”. I know that an EventBrite widget as installed, a Facebook Plugin and a Simply Instagram plugin too.

I’m a little unsure how to identify exactly. Cheers, Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your response.

Did you asked the freelancer if he modified any of the code that parsed the slides?

Would you send me an FTP access to your server to support@nicethemes.com with a reference to this support topic? This way I’ll be able to check the files and tell you if there’s something missing.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,
    I had trouble with the logo not loading, and I saw your instructions to someone else that I had to update the theme. I have done that now i’ve lost the ‘demo site’ style of home page with the info boxes. Disaster!

I’ll send you the FTP access like you asked above.

Cheers, Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing your site details with me. Would you please try deactivating the FancyBox plugin? I’m pretty sure this plugin is the one that is causing the conflict.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,
    I have deactivated Fancy Box – but I thought that was what is used to create my gallery?
    How do I make my gallery go?

Yesterday I updated to newest BBQ theme (in order to get my logo to work) so now the slider and logo are working. BUT I have lost the “demo” look of my home page. Should I start another Support thread to deal with this?

xox J

Hi Julie,

Thanks for writing back.

Actually the Fancybox script for the gallery is included in the theme, so there’s no need to install anything else 🙂

What do you mean with “losing the demo look”?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server