Slider

This support request was posted in BBQ by ayokes

Request ID #548 Resolved
  • Hello

I don’t see any setup (except the slider option but I see no other part to insert and configure slider) for slider in the bbq theme.
    Do I need to add extention to build a slider ?

Thanks

Eric

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Eric,

Thanks for writing.

The slider is shown in the home template. So, first thing in order to view the slider is configuring your home page with the home template. Here you can find a good tutorial on how to make that: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#page-templates

Then, you need to add slides. Be sure you add an image, else the slider will like kind of odd.

Last thing, you can set up your slider options through the options panel, in the wp-admin part. There you can enable it, set the direction, the amount of slides to show, the effect – among other options.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for answering Juan,

My home page is configured with the home template, as a static page.
    Trying many things but still nothing on the page.
    Something with permalink ? Or 3,5,1 version ?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Would you please send me your WordPress access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Eric,

Thanks for the information. I’ve been looking through your website and I saw that there was a slider plugin (WP Slider) that was causing some conflict. That plugin use the same script as the theme slider does. I’ve deactivated WP Slider in order to solve the problem.

However, the main reason of this slider issue was that you weren’t using featured images for the slides. Instead you were inserting the image in the slide content.

I’ve edited the slide you have at this moment, setting the image as “Featured Image”. If you don’t know how to set the featured image, here you can read a nice tutorial about it: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#wordpress-featured-images /

Now you can continue adding more slides in order to have a more complete and spectacular slider 🙂

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for your help Juan 🙂

Best,

Eric.

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem Eric 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server