Sliders not responsive

This support request was posted in Paeon by teamplucky

Request ID #4142 In Progress
  • Hello!

I’ve been having trouble making the images on my site responsive. I found a CSS fix that worked on most of them (yay!), but the sliders still look squished (http://getplucky.com.au/?p=524).
    Can you suggest a fix for this?

Thanks 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi There,

Thanks for writing.

Would you please show me what is the CSS fix that you have applied? It may be breaking the slider images.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your response. The slider images have been squished for months, and I only added the CSS yesterday.

I had previously tried using some CSS code you recommended to a user who was having this same issue on ThemeForest (the code was `.entry img{ max-width: 100%; }`), which didn’t work – I also tried various solutions from WordPress forums, none of which worked. Eventually I found some some code that someone had adapted from WordPress’ TwentyEleven theme.

Here is the fix I found that resolved most of the image issues. I got it from http://wordpress.org/support/topic/resizing-images-for-a-responsive-design:

`/* Images */
    .entry-content img,
    .comment-content img,
    .widget img {
    max-width: 97.5%; /* Fluid images for posts, comments, and widgets */
    }
    img[class*=”align”],
    img[class*=”wp-image-“] {
    height: auto; /* Make sure images with WordPress-added height and width attributes are scaled correctly */
    }
    img.size-full {
    max-width: 97.5%;
    width: auto; /* Prevent stretching of full-size images with height and width attributes in IE8 */
    }`

If you have a cleaner solution (I’m sure one exists!), I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Lisa,

Thanks 🙂

Unfortunately that code doesn’t have much to do with the slider, but if may work if you have trouble with images on posts or within page contents.

Have you tried updating your theme to the latest version first?

Would you please send me your FTP details over support@nicethemes.com so I can take a deeper look?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server