Top Ten questions no longer showing up

This support request was posted in Flatbase by NT_admin32

Request ID #6660 In Progress
  • When I first started to customize and add articles to Flatebase theme articles would show up in the Top Ten. They are no longer showing up. I not ure why. Can you tell me how to correct this?

Thanks

Hi,

I hope you are doing well today. I went to your site and I saw that you have a customized home page. I am not sure how is that you used to display the top ten articles. Could you give us more details on how you were using that?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,
    Here are my customization’s that may be relevant to this issue.
    Design & styles: Background Image Repeat: No repeat, Center, Center, Layout: Full Width
    Menus: Advanced menu properties: Title Attribute
    Customizing Static Front Page: Front page displays: A static page, Front page: Top Questions, Posts Page: no selection set
    I believe I renamed the Front page with the Title: Top Ten, Page Attributes: No parent, Template: Default, Order: 0 Layout: 2 columns
    That’s about it for customizing the Front page. It use to work and I’m not sure what may have changed now that is no longer showing top articles searched.
    Thanks for you help.

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

Ok, so you are using the default page for the front page. And what about the content, where was that content taken from?

You can check within the page revisions to see previous versions. In any case, if the content is not there any more it would be related to an edit or a WordPress error.

Best,
    Juan.

I never resolved this issue. I don’t think you understood my question or perhaps I did not word it properly. The Flatbase front page attribute is currently set to Default Template. I thought this theme would allow me to set a number of how many articles (with their links) on the front page. Articles would appear based on the number of times is was searched on. Would changing the front page page attributes to FAQ Scroll or FAQ Accordion show top searched on Articles with the number of times searched per article? Also, where would I go to set the number of top articles to been shown on the front page.
    Thanks

Hi… I was able to figure out what I did before in order to display trending articles on the front page of my sight. For those who are interested, you can add a widget to your page by going to Appearance>Widgets> drag the (NiceThemes)Popular Articles from the left over to where ever you’d like it to appear on the right and drop it there. I have the PageBuilder plugin and chose to add it directly by editing the page and selecting the PageBuilder tab and then the button to add the widget (NiceThemes)Popular Articles to my private test page. I’ll move to the front page now that I know how I did it before.
    Also found this after testing on my private page. http://nicethemes.com/article/using-wordpress-widgets/. figures….right?
    That’s it! Problem solved!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up. I’m happy that it is now solved 🙂

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server