Translating Text

This support request was posted in Flatbase by caifaz

Request ID #4870 In Progress
  • Hello Team,
    I have a few questions:

– I want to translate the text on the search field “HAVE A QUESTION? ASK OR ENTER A SEARCH TERM” where is it?
    – I want to translate the text on the contact page YOUR NAME, SUBJECT, YOUR E-MAIL and YOUR MESSAGE. where is it?
    – Finally, how can I duplicate the home page template for translation purposes

Regards and thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing. How is that you’re translating your theme?

You don’t have, by any means, to translate string by string in the code.

There are several ways to translate the theme. Personally, I like to use the program Poedit, you can get a copy over here: http://www.poedit.net/

Let’s say we want to translate a theme to Swedish.

First, download and install Poedit. Then, see that within the theme files there’s a folder named “lang”. Over there you can find the translatable files. So, you’ll need to do the following:

1. Open the file in Poedit.
    On the left, there’s a box with the original message (in English) from the POT file. Beside that box is where you add your translation.
    2. Go to File → Save as… to save your translations in a PO file. (must be named sv_SE.po and sv_SE.mo)
    3. When you are finished translating, go to File → Save as… again to generate the MO file.

Finally, you need to be running your WordPress install in Swedish:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Swedish_-_Svenska_.28sv_SE.29

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server