Tweets in 'Info box'

This support request was posted in BBQ by daniel

Request ID #1158 Resolved
  • Hi Guys,

I would like to know how I would go about having my latest tweets appear in an ‘Info box’? I’ve been looking around through the theme and am not able to figure it out. Could someone please help?

Daniel.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for writing. With the theme as it is right now you can’t include your tweets on infoboxes. What you can do is use the Twitter widget, and place that on any of your “Pre footer” widget sections, as it is in the demo site.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for the quick reply Juan.

Do you know of any way I can get a twitter feed from a twitter username of my choice in one of the ‘Info boxes’? I’ve tried putting my own markup in the WYSIWYG editor but of course it just converts special characters to HTML entities. Do you have any suggestions? I am a junior PHP developer so hitting me with some PHP snippets and suggestions is fine.

Thanks again,

Daniel.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Daniel,

No worries 🙂

You can use HTML on your infoboxes, all you need to do is select the “Text” tab when editing. However, remember that php is executed on server side, so if you put PHP on any WordPress content it won’t be executed unless you use a special plugin.

Also, infoboxes use the excerpt function, so the content that is shown over there isn’t the complete content. If you modify that you’ll be able to use some client side scripting (HTML, JavaScript) to include your latest tweets. (https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/)

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Could you clarify on how I could modify the excerpt function? I have the widget setup through Twitter ready to go.

Thanks, Daniel.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for writing.

Sure, you should edit the file template-home.php, line #76 where it says:

nice_excerpt( 150 );

replace it with:

the_content();

Then on your infobox, just use the “text editor” instead of the “visual editor” and add the twitter widget.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server