Twitter Widget Not Workin

This support request was posted in BBQ by wdnorwich

Request ID #3173 In Progress
  • Hi,

I have set up the Nice Themes Twitter Widget on a BBQ theme installation and it doesn’t display any tweets no matter where it is placed. I have tried the pre-footer and the Primary & Page sidebars (together and separately) with the same result. In addition, in each case, this widget removes the footer entirely.

I have checked and rechecked the settings and I’m convinced it’s done as instructed. I’m baffled.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Note to support staff: As the site is live I have removed the widget.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing.

We’ve been testing your site and we saw the problem. We tested the widget with our APP details so we can tell that is not a problem in the configuration data. We’ve also re-tested the widget in our development environment and it is working fine.

Do you have access to your server’s error log? Maybe we can get some information from there on why is that the widget is breaking.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply (sorry, I missed it as I didn’t get the email copy). I have set it up again and the error I get this morning is as follows (personal identifiers removed):

mywebsite.co.uk [Mon Jan 20 09:05:54 2014] [error] [client ##.###.##.###:40190] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /home/sites/meywebsite.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/bbq/includes/widgets/widget-twitter/twitteroauth/OAuth.php on line 8

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Ian

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the follow up.

Do you have any plugin that may be declaring the OAuth library previously? Would you try deactivating all your plugins?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried deactivating all the plugins without success – nothing changes (the Twitter widget still won’t display). For info, they are as follows:
    – Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order
    – Contact Form 7
    – Really Simple CAPTCHA
    – Shortcodes Ultimate
    – WordPress SEO

Regards

Ian

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Ian,

That’s really strange. Basically the log that you’ve sent me give us the detail that the problem is that the OAuth class is redeclared. If you’re not familiar with technical language, it would be something like “introducing yourself two times to the same person”..it’ll be a problem, or you’ll look awkward 🙂

So, I guess that if we find where is declared, we’ll find the problem. By any chance, do you have any duplicated file/folder inside bbq/includes/widgets ?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server