Typography – Does not carry over to entire site

This support request was posted in Flatbase by mwdonnelly

Request ID #5558 In Progress
  • Hi Juan,

I’m a bit disappointed in the inability to customize the typography for the entire site. For instance, I used the custom typography settings to customize the site to use Open Sans for most of the type and Raleway for the Navigation bars. When I added the Contact Us page, the type was set to Lato for the input fields and Nunito for the Submit button.

If you’re going to offer custom typography options, you need to provide the ability to set the base font for typography across the site. Perhaps something you can address in your next release?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

Would you please send me your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan. Sorry, I can’t. I’m developing the site in Localhost.

Here’s what I did:

I changed the typography of the site.

Enabled Custom Typography
    Changed Navigation and Sub Navigation type to Raleway
    Changed ALL other typography choices to Open Sans

I then added a Contact Us page and used the Template “Contact”, no parent.

The Contact form fields STILL used Lato and the Submit button was still Nunito. SO I had to add the following CSS to correct it:

input[type=”submit”] {
    font-family: ‘Open Sans’ !important;
    font-size: 18px !important;
    font-variant: small-caps !important;
    background-color: #79B8CB !important;
    width: 120px !important;
    -webkit-border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px !important;
    -moz-border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px !important;
    border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px !important;
    }
    /* Input Field Styling */
    input[type=”text”] {
    color: #4D4D4D !important;
    }
    /* Message Text Area */
    form#nice_contact textarea#message {
    color: #454545 !important;
    }
    /* Blog Comment Submit Button */
    form#commentform input#submit {
    width: 170px !important;
    }

I’m actually using a plug-in, Microthemer, to make the CSS changes.

OTHER ISSUES:
    I also have found issues with the design of your page templates a bit frustrating. There doesn’t seem to be cohesiveness throughout the site. For instance:
    – Blog and Blog Masonry page templates DO NOT have page title in the template, nor do they have breadcrumbs
    – Title for the blog post (single post) page is transformed (.entry-tile text-transform: capitalize), but NOT in the blog lists (Masonry or Blog Page)
    – Single Blog posts do NOT have category or tag listings on the single post page! How can you have a blog post that is categorized and tagged, yet NOT have those categories and tags show up on the post?
    – Breadcrumbs show up UNDER the title on the FAQ page, FAQ Scroll and Regular Page template but OVER the title on the Contact page and Forums page templates.
    – Breadcrumbs are ABSENT from Full Width, Gallery, Blog, Blog Masonry, Knowledge Base …

I’m sorry, but the inconsistencies are really maddening. And to say that “theme customization is not included” is not sufficient here. You need consistency in your theme. Right now, it’s quite sloppy, and it should not be up to me to clean up your code.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.

I understand, sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll be reviewing the typography issue.

With regards to the other issues you mention, those are all design decisions, I understand you don’t share many of them, and I can see your point. However I would like to state that those are all things that can be seen in the demo site.

I don’t understand your last paragraph. Theme customization is not included, theme bugs are, and we’ll be taking care of the bug you’ve reported about the typography options.

Please if you feel that we can help you in any other way, we’ll be openly and kindly waiting for any other ticket you might want to create.

Best,
    Juan.

I agree. It was entirely my fault for buying a theme with pooly executed design choices, such as inconsistent headers, breadcrumbs arbitrarily applied to pages, lack of categories and tags displayed on a blog post. It was ENTIRELY my mistake for not poring through every design choice on every page layout on your site and noting the faults before buying the theme.

That you feel that these are “design choices” rather than poor execution is really a reflection on who you are as a developer. That speaks for itself.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

No, it is our fault and I apologize. There’s a bug with the typography selection and we are willing to work on that and fix it. I think you got me wrong.

Best,
    Juan.

No, I understand that you’re looking into the typography issues.

However, I object to the fact that you feel that design mistakes and inconsistencies (e.g. breadcrumbs above and breadcrumbs below page titles) are design CHOICES rather than errors. Not having tags and categories listed on a blog POST, yet having the ability to look at a list of posts by category or tag (via sidebar) is a design CHOICE not an error. This is where I feel you are letting your customers down.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I invite you to ask for a refund on envato, we’ll be more than happy to give you a full refund: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Best,
    Juan.

Frankly, given the time I’ve already spent trying to make this work, I’d rather see you fix the product for the better. In any case, Envato will not refund $ for a theme that is in working order.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up.

I’ve already contacted envato and I authorized the refund.

Flatbase has been updated to 1.0.2

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server