Unable to get Blog-Masonry template to work

This support request was posted in Flatbase by albanleong

Request ID #4038 In Progress
  • I am trying to get the exact same layout that you have on your demo for Blog – Masonry but I can’t seemed to get it to work.

Here’s what I’ve done.
    1. Create a new page called “Blog” and selected the page template “Blog – Masonry”
    2. Save and publish (no content in the page at all)
    3. Go to Appearance -> Menus and add the page to the Header menu
    4. Save Menu

Note: I have also completely disabled W3 Total Cache and other plugins but I’m still not getting the masonry layout.

When I launch the site and click on the header menu “Blog”, I do see my posts being displayed but they are not displayed using the Masonry layout.

Am I missing something?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Would you please send me your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan

Sorry. I thought that I had tried everything before posting but it seems like I might have found the cause.

I had the same “Blog” page configured under Settings -> Reading -> Posts page and apparently either WordPress or the theme doesn’t like that.

I was able to get the Masonry display once I remove the “Blog” page from this setting.

Thanks. Please consider this thread closed.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for the update.

Yes, whenever you set the blog page over there WordPress take the results from the index.php file that comes in the theme.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server