Unable to install demo even manually

This support request was posted in Smart by jitolmagada

Request ID #32829 In Progress
  • I know this have been discussed over and over but I can’t find a good answer for this. I am unable to install demo either automatically or manually. Having my site exactly like demo is the only reason I bought this theme. I really want it works well.
    My story:
    When I installed the theme for the first time, I was able to install demos. But soon after, the “install demo” link disappeared. So I thought I could fix it by reinstalling wordpress all together. I did uninstall wordpress, delete my database and delete all files for my domain in order to have as fresh start as possible.
    However, after the second reinstallation, I no longer able to install any demo even after trying so many times, and using manual import with wordpress tool as described in your support. Automatic install says “something went wrong” and manual installation says 500 error.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I’m sorry to hear that.

I went to your site and I could see in the admin section that your host meet all the requirements. The error may be related to your host configuration with regards to an apache module named “mod_security”. There are some hosts that enable this module by default. Would you please ask them if it is active?

Would you mind if I try to install the demo? Which one would you like to install?

Thanks,
    Juan.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am now contacting my hosting support. I would like to install business modern demo. But it would really help if I can install any of the demo in the future. You might also need to see how my website looks like now (kkboxes.com). I’m getting this error when I published a home page.
    “Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home1/ab80199/public_html/kkboxes.com/wp-content/themes/smart/includes/plugin-integrations/nice-portfolio/public/template-functions.php on line 309”

My host support is asking “May i please know which rule id for the mod_sec”?

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you so much for the follow-up. And thanks for your patience.

By that answer, I assume they have it enabled? Did they reply that?

I’ve also tried to install the XML demo files and the server also returned a 500 error. That means that the hosting plan doesn’t have enough resources even to use the WordPress importer to import an XML (not related to our one click demo importer), which is a basic WordPress action.

It only succeeded when I installed the XML without importing the media files (which reside on an outside server), the thing that leads me to think that your host configuration doesn’t allow to process requests from other servers, and that may be the reason why the one click nor the XML WordPress import works. So, basically, it would be fine if you consider changing your hosting plan. However, I took the plunge and did what I could with the current limitations, so I went over and imported the business modern demo (manually) without the images. I’m not sure if perhaps this could work for you? But, in the future, in order to import demos with the one click importer you should definitely may want to consider switching your hosting plan. Our demos reside on the cloud (images, configuration files, etc), so basically it won’t work if your server doesn’t allow to access them.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server