Using HTML in Edit Menu Item

This support request was posted in General Support by ahilland

Request ID #2238 In Progress
  • Hi there,

I’m trying to create a list of side items, which I would like displayed in two columns, left and top aligned. I’ve tried the following code in the “Excerpt” box of Edit Menu Item, and the left and top align work, but the border just hangs around … any suggestions please?

add butter milk pancakes or french toast … one, 2.00 two, 3.25

veggie patty with crispy fried leeks, 5.75
    extra hashbrowns, 3
    toast with chef’s jam or cinnamon spread, 2.85
    * add gluten free bread option, 1.25

croissant & chef’s jam, 3.50
    add bacon, sausage or ham, 2.95
    add an egg, 1.25
    cinnamon spread, 1.25

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello there,

Thanks for writing. I’m not sure about what you are trying to do with the border property. Would you please explain a bit more about it?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I am trying to use the border property to hide the border, as I don’t want any border; I am just using the table code to organize the text into two columns.

Thank you,
    Angela

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Angela,

I’m not sure if by border you’re referring to the line that is beside each menu item. Because that’s handled with the background property. Please would you let me know which line/border is the one you’re referring to?

Thanks,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Please visit http://0375faf.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/catering/special-occasion-cakes/

There are lines on all four sides of the table that lists the of flavours and fillings, and I don’t want any lines. I used the function to create the list, and in all other html, the code to hide the lines around the table is .

Thank you for your help,
    Angela

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Angela,

Ok, so you want to get rid of the default styles for the tables.

Then you need to write some CSS in order to remove the borders that are defined by default. This would be for example:

table. tr{ border: none;}

You can include that in the custom css input within the theme options or in the custom.css file of the theme.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server